Recent Posts

Monday, April 18, 2011

Scrap Grades

It's January once again!

So, I spent my whole Christmas vacation checking my students' outputs and encoding their grades and now that I'm back in school, the only thing left to do is for me to encode their grades in the registrar's office. I so fucking love the feeling that I have accomplished something as fucking uncool as typing another person's shit. Shit. What the fuck am I doing this anyway? Well, in some ways, I love teaching, and teaching is the shit.


But there are also bad-smelling shit about teaching. Of course, we need to show our grades to our department head, and that's where all of the shit happens. Not that I don't like my department head, no, I love her with all my heart, I love her like I love my mother. But what I cannot get a move on with in this teaching shit is the grading shit. Why do I need to pass a student even if he has not exerted any efforts in passing the subject? Why do I need to fucking pull up the grades of the student who went down by two points? Why do I need to fucking not lower the grades of my students who are in the pilot section?

It is unfair for me who worked my pitiful ass even if the students just don't care.

But it is also unfair for the students who will soon graduate without the necessary skills.

If I will pass irresponsible students now, I can just imagine more fucked up families, fucked up communities, and a whole fucked up generation of assholes who cannot think and fend for themselves, not even construct their sentences in correct English.

And I will all the more feel ridiculous.


I promised myself before that the undeserving students will not get the passing grade that they want. But because of this school's coddling nature to the extent of ridiculousness, I can see myself breaking my own oath.

Giving students the grade that they didn't deserve is shitting the student, the parents, and shitting myself. What the fuck is the use of teaching them if you are just going to pass them? Fuck school policies on grading.

It is often said that lawyers are full of shit and that teachers are noble.

No. Actually, it is an open secret that teachers have their lion's share of shitting.

Lawyers do not have the monopoly on lying. Teachers, by virtue of them cheating on the grades of the students, are also liars.

And it is really funny that whenever we want to pass our students, we "adjust" the grades, not "cheat" on the grades. Fuck it.

I studied statistics for two straight terms and it boils down to this? Fuck. I didn't graduate just to make myself instrumental in molding the next generation of retards.

No wonder our country is full of crapshit. We are letting them slip from our fingers EVEN IF WE DON'T FUCKING want to.

Fuck grades.

0 comments:

Post a Comment