Recent Posts

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Evanescence's Very Much Awaited Album

The year was 2006. Evanescence released their second major label album, "The Open Door."
 

And that's the last I've heard of them.

So, after five years, it's actually a refreshing news that they are already FINALLY going to the studio to record their much (100X) - awaited third album.

Wait.

Isn't this the same news that I heard last 2010?


Yes. They are already in the studio LAST 2010 to pull-off that electro-inspired album with Steve Lillywhite. But you know, it didn't quite fit. And I have to be happy for that because I have always wanted a "heavy" Evanescence record, and so far the band has not yet scratched that itch. I wanted it to be heavier this third time around because "Fallen", is a commercial crap and "The Open Door," is the I-don't-know-what-to-feel-with-this-album album. Also add to the fact that Evanescence is too watered-down for their music to be really considered metal and for them to be truly respected by the metal crowd.

But to be true, when they said they are going to make an electro album, Portishead was not the first thing I thought. It was "Origin."

But suddenly when they announced that they are leaving the studio to write more songs, I was like, "Fuck it, until when will I wait?" and then suddenly I lost interest waiting. But I kept on visiting Amy's and Terry's twitter for any updates, hoping for a sliver of hope.

Fortunately, they announced just last two weeks ago that they are again going to the studio to record with Nick Raskulinecz (I so hope I got that correct).

Here's the guy.
Who, upon listening his other produced works, made me happy. Here is the heavier record I was waiting for.

But again here it is, the band basically dumped pictures and a video and a magazine interview to salivate for and then - silence.

I don't know, but sometimes, Evanescence just likes to jerk-off with their fans. I mean, Twitter is so convenient. 150 characters? Wouldn't take much of their time, actually.

Whatever the fact that's making them tease us unendingly, I do hope to grab that album come Fall.

P.S. Amy twitted a photo of her piano in her studio. Amy's Office
Evanescence is always unpredictable. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment