Recent Posts

Monday, August 1, 2011

Happiness Must Be Short-Lived In Order For It To Be Enjoyed

I went with my college friends yesterday and it was much refreshing. All of us are already in the profession and it felt so good to catch up with them that it seems unfair that we need to separate ways at the end of the day.


As I was talking with them though, there was something amiss, it was as if I didn't miss them at all and I do not feel any excitement while talking with them. Maybe because three of them wasn't really my closest friends, they're more like acquaintances. We just took the same subjects before, that's all. And we're only linked to each other because of a mutual friend. I felt guilty that I did not feel anything.

Luckily, my closest friend and I bid the three others goodbye as we took them to the bus stop. And with the three gone, I realized that all I really wanted to see that day was her. And I felt happy.

It didn't feel like a year has passed. It felt as if I just talked to her, flesh and blood, the other day. It was envigorating to know that, yes, I can live without them, but what was more empowering was that time and distance would never destroy us.

Our roots run so deep, man.
But I felt frustrated that we weren't able to spend much time alone together, since we are also bound home. I felt a sudden urge to make time slow down just so I could be with her longer. She is one of the people who was able to tear the wall I built between me and the world. So, it was just sad that we had to part ways. Suddenly, nostalgia for our carefree, idealistic college days hit me, and I was sad. I realized that we are adults now, with responsibilities and burdens, and no matter how much I want to make time stop, it will always, of course, fly away.

I went home still refreshed by that meet, but still, there could have been more. I think I would just set a date for the two of us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment