Recent Posts

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Eargasm!


I am excited for the upcoming third album of Evanescence, and very much so for the release of their new single off that self-titled album called, "What You Want." As I was browsing through EvThread though, some fans are talking about a song, "Halfway Down the Stairs," and I wondered whether that would be a song from the album. So I checked out youtube and found the original Halfway Down the Stairs performed by Robbin the Frog and Amy Lee's rendition.


As you can see here, the original version is very much kiddie. Amy Lee's version will not be found in the upcoming album but (as some people from youtube says) in The Green Album (some sort of a Muppets album). Amy Lee made the song very sexy, it's as if you want to have sex while listening to it. And speaking of sex, it doesn't help my weird imagination that I can already see some subtext from the lyrics and that's saying something. The song's otherworldly, authentic Amy Lee.




I never really understood people who would say their ears had an orgasm while listening to a song; I considered that ridiculous, but now that I heard this song, I think it's time to change perspective, really.

0 comments:

Post a Comment