Recent Posts

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Travesty That Was Conqueror Of Shamballa

I'm very partial to the canon of the first anime of Fullmetal Alchemist. And even if the movie, Conqueror of Shamballa, sucked big time; Alfons Heiderich wouldn't suck at all. He's the one saving grace of the whole f*cking movie even if Bones killed his character.
They fuckin killed this adorable boy. Fuck you, Bones.
What's the cause of this partiality anyway? It's simply because I'm shipping Edward and Heiderich and that pairing is the reason why I can't bring myself to read the manga or Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. There is no such thing as a parallel world in Arakawa's canon. Which is sad. Makes us shounen-ai/yaoi fangirls sad. But if I think about it, the manga canon ending is much more satisfying. Ed gets his arm back, Al gets his body back, Ed and Winry get married;(I'm not a fan of this canon-pairing, but you know that the majority of the anime's fans are canon purists, so...) everybody's happy, basically. It was very unlike the mess that was Shamballa wherein the brothers are stuck, Ed is stuck with his automail and Al's is still a 17-year old soul in a 13-year old body, Roy and Winry are left behind and most importantly, Alfons is dead. So, I still laud Arakawa for making the ending of the manga satisfyingly great.


Still, I want Alfons back. But since Arakawa ended the manga without the parallel world thing, well, I think I would just wallow in grief together with other EdHei fans. It's such a rare pairing.
Eherm.
Geez. I'm such a hopeless EdHei fan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment