Recent Posts

Thursday, May 12, 2011

On Vacation (Swimming Galore)

I do not like outings.



Yes, I'm not a swimmer, which is a shame really, as I live in a freaking archipelago. But waters and sunbathing aren't really appealing to me. Add to that people. I am really socially awkward, which is counterintuitive because my work entails me to reach out to people. Still, I prefer sitting alone in my home reading, than to be basking in the sun. But what can I do, this outing is a school outing, so, my wishes of a peaceful summer is actually out of the window.

This outing is the last part of the team building activity that we will have tomorrow, which for me, is really unappealing because I was at the school for the last two weeks. I haven't shed off my school smell and haven't even missed my school yet, but here I am, already asked to report again. I just don't want other people encroaching on my much treasured, supposed to be vacation. I mean, I will be with this same people and same neuroses for the next ten months. So a team building activity is not what we need, what we need is professionalism. I think that no amount of team building will suffice for the headaches that we have caused each other ten months ago.

Next Monday will be our official reporting, so I don't really get the point of scheduling it tomorrow and on Saturday. You know, they CAN schedule it May 16 onwards, but not on our freaking pseudo-vacations. Our lesson plans are already making us busy as it is, we don't need another superficial activity.

Anyway, I think I just need to bear with it, which is so uncool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment