Recent Posts

Monday, September 5, 2011

Evanescence's "The Other Side", "The Change" and "Oceans"

"What You Want," the first single of Evanescence was just released weeks ago and I basically do not know what to feel.

I have so many feelings...
The track is heavy but it's poppy at the same time. I was expecting something heavier, but no, I was greeted with a mixture of drums and Amy's vocals (I'm not complaining) and I could barely hear the guitars. But still, the song has its saving grace like the orchestra in the bridge and the bridge itself.

Anyway, it's just the first single, and knowing Evanescence, their first single is always the poppiest, so I can forgive them for that. I am still so excited for the release of the album. It's already September, you see.

On with the other singles!

Forward, march!
Of course, with the advent of Youtube and people who, instead of uploading the live clip on their heads, would rather record it on their digicams, it's difficult not to stumble upon the other singles off their upcoming album. And based on what I heard, the third album would definitely be interesting.

The Change - This is difficult to sing live for sure (Amy's fucking up in some places), but still, I love the heaviness in it. The chorus is epic. The song is monumental.

Oceans -  If you think "What You Want" is already poppy, then brace yourself for this one.

The Other Side - This should have been the first single. Among the four songs that's circulating in Youtube, this one's the heaviest. 

Now that I have my own money to burn, I am so going to buy all their albums. I'm going to get the 16-track deluxe edition.

So hyped up for October!

0 comments:

Post a Comment